MediaBase – a work-in-progress


Work In Progress!
This project is still very much a Work-In-Progress and IS NOT representative of the final product. Things will change over the course of development.
Want to Help?
The project is on Github, in a private repository for the time being. If you’d like to help out with development, please message me your Github username and i’ll add you to the repo.

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything regarding projects that I’ve been working on, and well, sometimes you get to the point where you get burned out on whatever you’re working on. It happens. Especially when your computer gets bricked, you lose the source code, and trying to reinstall everything proves to be harder than just starting over.

As such, I’ve been working on a new project since my computer died during that Windows 10 Anniversary Update a few months ago.

I’d like to say that this project is my single best attempt at making a fully functional site, and not just a simple “to-do checklist” kind of tutorial site either. For all intents and purposes, it is currently a fully functional blog. While it doesn’t have a lot of advanced features that other fully-featured CMS have (yet), like categories or tags, media files, and even a markup language of some sort for certain (authorized) posts – a lot of these things are coming and are in development in some form.

I’ve still got a long way to go with this project, and I don’t see myself using this in a production environment (live website) for quite some time. I want to have a large amount of extra features added in, as well as improvements to existing systems. I’ve got fully functioning articles & comments, and partially functional user settings & admin settings – but at the very least those two things need to be finished.

It’s hard for anyone to take anything seriously without actually seeing the end product, even if it’s not finished, so this time I’ve got some screenshots of the work-in-progress, below.


Click to enlarge images.